Monday 9 November 2009

Time to get back in the chair

So, I have made my first tip for a number of months below and have recently got the taste for updating my blog again.

The trading hasn't stopped, but without the discipline of maintaining my blog I have quickly slipped back into bad habits and have been all over the place in terms of selections and staking plans.

A decent Saturday when I managed to turn £25 into £300 got my juices flowing as the cut and thrust of Football trading came to the fore.

I rode the waves of Norwich's 7 goal romp against Paulton Rovers, always seemingly one step ahead of the layers as a number of late goals increased profits.

Ignoring all of my own advice I then lumped the whole of my paltry bankroll (£160) on Man City to beat Burnley at 1.35, and at 2-0 down stormed out of my flat swearing profusely..

My mood improved after a quick trip to the shops to find that Man City were 3-2 up. A harsh lesson was learned a few days previously when a big win on Liverpool(v Lyon) was snatched away from me when I neglected to lay off my bet in the closing minutes and against my better instincts I layed off my City bet at 1.13.

Burnley's excellent equaliser meant I got my stake back and out of jail.

With feelings of luck still flowing through my veins I nipped up to the pub to watch Arsenal at Wolves.

Backing goals at all levels in running was a good move as no goals in the first 25 minutes saw the prices rack up quickly and also a small bet on Fabregas to get the first goal all proved profitable and reminded me that sometimes being a lucky punter is better than being a good one!

With typical greed I was more disappointed with the chances that Arsenal squandered as a 6th goal in the game would have been worth £250.

Anyway back to tonight, and it is worth drip feeding bets on Liverpool as their price will move Northwards very quickly - @2.74 as it stands

No comments: