Tuesday 3 July 2007

Peru v Bolivia

The goals have flowed in the Copa America so far with another 10 in 2 games last night.

Traders on Betfair have reacted to the number of high scoring matches by chalking up some fairly short prices in the over 2.5 goals markets.

Take Peru v Bolivia tonight, I have just layed over 2.5 goals at 1.82 and the price has contracted even further in the last few minutes.

To me the skinny prices available look like an over reaction and hopefully I can make the most of it if there are no early goals.

My discipline has been pretty good so far in this tournament and I have managed to take regular small profits over the last couple of nights.

I have upped my stakes a little tonight and in the past that has been a recipe for disaster, but I could do with raising some spending money for my holiday next week

With sleep deprivation starting to kick in, i'm hoping for a dull opening 20 minutes and an all green position early on so I get get a relatively early night.

Looking at the match odds, Peru are odds on favorite. Purely because my first World Cup memory was Cubillas destroying Scotland in the '78 world Cup, the fact that I have always liked their kit and they were one of the 1st Subbuteo teams I ever owned I am going to have a small bet on them to knock Bolivia out of the competition.

It is also intersting to get another look at Claudio Pizarro before he joins up with Chelsea.

I will update later if I get the chance

No comments: