Friday 28 November 2008

Can't buy a winner

Another barren night last night as my Uefa Cup bets both flopped.

I got a run for my money in the Schalke v Man City game but the elusive 3rd goal didn't materialise, mainly due to a fantastic point blank save by Joe Hart to deny Asamoah.

City look like they are starting to get their act together under Mark Hughes, typical that the next live match I am going to sees them visit Fulham, who have a habit of meeting in form sides.

The Manchester derby on Sunday is now eagerly awaited.

As for AC Milan, they should have been out of sight against Pompey in the 1st half with Inzaghi hitting the woodwork twice.

A few Peroni's eased the pain and as Pompey scored their first and then second goals my drinking partner layed then at 1.50 and then 1.03 - Inzaghi's predatory strike to equalise sparked celebrations, but unfortunately not for me.

No comments: