Wednesday 11 April 2007

Coleman sacked

Chris Coleman's sacking late last night gave a golden opportunity to any eagle eyed traders out there.

I heard the news at about 11.30pm last night, made a phone call to the editor of www.fulhamweb.com to discuss the temporary appointment of Lawrie Sanchez and then at about midnight decided to have a quick look on Betfair at the Managerial change market.

I couldn't believe that Coleman could still be backed at 1.17 to be the next manager to leave. As I tried to put funds into my account I saw the price drop rapidly, until it settled at 1.01.

A 1% guaranteed return was not that useful to me given the size of my bankroll, but how I wish I had gone straight to Betfair at 11.30pm and taken the guaranteed money on offer.

This is definitely something I will be looking out for in future!

No comments: