Tuesday 26 June 2007

Copa America

With Henmania once again taking over the country, there has been little if any football to trade on in recent days.

However, tonight we have the start of the Copa America, and if you are a night owl like me the thought of Uruguay v Peru at 11.00pm and Venezuela v Bolivia at 1.15am is very appealing (ok I know I am a sad case!)

After my experiences in the recent Euro U21 tournament I have learnt not to get involved in the opening round of games but it is always good to do some background work on the teams before betting blind.

If I manage to keep away long enough I will post my thoughts on the Copa America over the next few days.

Onto matters closer home, Man City seem to have finally secured a new boss. Sven has succumbed to the dubious charms of the former Thai prime minister and at last the FA have got the promiscuous Swede off the payroll.

Not the greatest result for my trading on Betfair where I have a £40 loss on the book, but if William Hill honour their prices (I managed to nick a bit of 4/1 last week when their prices were clearly out of line with other bookies) I should make a small profit overall.

No comments: