Thursday 21 June 2007

Thursday Update

I didn't get the chance to post yesterday as I was looking after my daughter and my washing machine decided to blow up.

However, I did manage to keep my eye on the England match vs Holland and that remarkable penlaty shoot out.

For me 2 England players have shone throughout the tournament, Taylor has been immense at the back and Ashley Young suddenly looks like a player worth £9m, I would expect big things from that pair in the Premiership next season.

Onto other issues, and there was a massive error on William Hill's website yesterday afternoon which I think I have managed to take advantage of (surely the flimsy palpable error rule cannot be enforecd here?) On the next Man City manager market they were offering 4/1 on Sven with Chris Coleman as their 5/4 favourite.

The price was totally out of line with other bookies, so I filled my boots and took advantage of the blatent arb, by laying off on Betfair. Sven is now an odds on chance, but there are still a number of hurdles to clear before the promiscuous Swede settles in Manchester.

Assuming that the Thai takeover is completed and rubberstamped, does Sven actually want the job? A mid -table (at best Premiership outfit may not appeal to Sven and you would have thought he would have had enough of the English media by now.

His wage demands will also be massive, so I would not be getting involved at silly prices.

I have been opposing Chris Coleman for the last few weeks, and have made my feelings pretty clear on this blog that he would not get the job, but unfortunately didnt have the balls to lay him big style at relatively small prices (c.3/1) and he is now available to back at 16/1.

My biggest winner on the book at the moment is still Jean Tigana who I have been backing at fancy prices for a few weeks now and have a large green position on. Unfortunately the momentum that was built up on the weekend fuelled by newspaper rumours has stopped and unless Sven officially turns down the job it is going to be hard to make a decent profit from the tooth pick chewing Frenchman.

Finally, thank to Englands qualification for the semi final (they cannot compete in the Olympics in 2008), we have a bonus match tonight from the U21 Championships, and it should be a cracker.

Italy and Portugal will fight it out for that Olympic place and hopefully will put on a cracking show. Not an easy one to trade on until I see how serioulsy they take this game, but should be able to offer some in running advice in the early stages.

1 comment:

ari10 said...

Very interesting blog, I love football!