Wednesday 13 June 2007

Euro U21 Championships

Belgium got the evening off to a positive start for the Football Trader, as the impressive Lille striker Kevin Mirallas struck late for the 10 men to secure a 1-0 win.

I wanted to back Belgium prior to kick off but work and family commitments meant that I wasn't able to get on.

Just as I was about to get involved, Belgium were reduced to 10 men by a ridiculously fussy referee who was desperate to liven up what has been a poor tournament so far.

But after watching a toothless Israel huff and puff for another 15 minutes I decided to follow my instinct and back the Belgians anyway.

So a small profit rolls onto the Holland v Portugal match which on paper should be one of the best group games.

Portugal were poor in their opening game, and Nani will be looking to put on a show for the watching Man Utd fans.

I liked the way Holland kept possession in their first match and in Drenthe and Babel have 2 of the best players of the tournament so far.

With a full house in Gronigen behind the hosts I am going to have a small back of Holland, and expect the physicl presence of Ryan Babel to unsettle Portugal and will have a small bet on him to get on the scoresheet

No comments: