Wednesday 27 June 2007

Wednesday update

The Copa America tournament opened last night and to be honest I was expecting some cagey football played at a slow tempo with plenty of histrionics from the players and officials.

How wrong can you be.

Peru and Uruguay served up a highly entertaining clash, with outsiders Peru captained by new Chelsea recruit Pizarro recording a deserved win.

The 3-0 scoreline may have flattered the Peruvians a little, but they did have a perfectly good goal disallowed in the 1st half and held firm against Uruguayan pressure in the 2nd half.

I didn't manage to stay awake to wtach the hosts Venezuela draw 2-2 with Bolivia, but from the highlights I have seen it looked like another good match.

My plan is to keep a watching brief in the early stages of the tournament as my new found discipline means that I am going to reduce the number of events I trade on, but trade with larger stakes.

Ecuador v Chile and Brazil v Mexico are tonights games, and once again I will be trying to stay wake long enough to watch at least the 1st match. Unfortunately the Brazil game is the 2nd game on so won't kick off to 1.30am UK time

No comments: