Monday 7 May 2007

Berbatov enhances reputation

Spending big money on a foreign striker is always a big risk.

The likes of Sergei Rebrov and Steve Marlet came to the Premiership with huge transfer fees and were totally out of their depth.

The same can not be said about Bulgarian, Dimitar Berbatov. His first half strike against Charlton oozed class as he turned El Karkhouri on the half way line and cooly slotted beyond the helpless Scott Carson.

As things stand at HT, Charlton are down and Fulham have limped to safety.

My trading on the game was thrown into disarray when Berbatov scored after just 7 minutes, and my lay of over 2.5 goals at 1.79 looked in trouble. The price immediately went South, so I went in again and layed at 1.35 to bring down my average lay price to 1.57.

Thankfully a 2nd goal hasn't followed and I have been able to green out my position - current price for over 2.5 goals is 2.04, and I would expect more goals in the 2nd half.

Charlton have to push forward and there will be chances at both ends at the Valley.

I will update in the 2nd half

No comments: