Saturday 12 May 2007

Gas vs Red Imps

In form Bristol Rovers take on perennial play off failures Lincoln at the Memorial Ground in the 3rd game of the day.

Rovers sneaked into the play offs after 45 games of the regular season and only confirmed their place with an impressive win against already promoted Hartlepool.

Top of the current form table they are looking to add a trip to Wembley to their jaunt to the Millenium Stadium a couple of months ago.

Rovers have a great defensive record at home conceding just 14 times in 23 home league matches, so Lincoln could have their work cut out today.

I haven't checked out the stats, but play off matches seem to produce more goals in general than league matches, so I am sticking to my strategy of backing over 2.5 goals.

There are plenty of experienced strikers on display with Walker / Lambert for Rovers and Forrester / Stallard for Lincoln, so hopefully one of them can find an early goal to open up the match.

I backed over 2.5 goals at 2.54 and the price has moved South since, currently at 2.48.

If I was trading for big stakes they are the type of movements that would help to guarantee a decent profit before the game even kicks off, but at my stake levels I will stay invested.

I have also had a little interest in Bristol Rovers to win in 90 minutes.

I will update in running

No comments: