Tuesday 29 May 2007

Football Season draws to a close

Not much football left to trade on this season..

A few internationals, the closing 2 rounds of games from La Liga and the Copa America will all come under the Football Trader's microscope in the coming weeks as I try to finish the season off on a high.

But without regular fixtures to trade on, I will be spending some more time trying to sort out my trading strategy for the new season.

This will focus on 3 key areas..

1) Money Management & Staking Strategy

For this topic, I will be leaning heavily on the excellent book by Joseph Buchdahl - Fixed Odds Sports Betting

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_w_h_/203-0263407-0892745?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Fixed+Odds+Sports+Betting&Go.x=16&Go.y=10

My money management and bankroll have been all over the place this season and i'm sure with some rules in place I can squeeze more profit from winning selections.

2) Discipline

I have tried to trade on every game that I have watched, from the Conference to the Champions League, and whilst this has given me a decent understanding of how the in running football markets work on Betfair, I'm not sure if it is the best strategy going forward.

Would I be better making 5 big trades a week or maintain my current methods of spreading my risk around a large number of relatively small trades?

3) Football knowledge

I will be keeping a close eye on the movements in the transfer market, and hope to take some early poistions on pre-season prices where I expect to find some decent value.

I will also be maintaining my interest in the Spanish League, as I look to get an edge on some of my fellow traders

I will be updating on these topics regularly, so please check out my blog and feel free to add your thoughts !

No comments: